Listen to your body... if you feel light-headed, take a break! If you are a person who meditates or prays, I recommend spending a few moments in stillness after this activity... enjoy the peaceful environment you've created within!
Breath-work exercise: Straw Breathing
- Sit or lie down, and get comfortable.
- Close your eyes and slow your breathing.
- Inhale deeply through your nose, filling your diaphragm with air so your belly rises.
- Purse your lips together in a small “o” as if you have a straw in your mouth.
- Exhale through your mouth, putting pressure behind the breath as if you are blowing through a straw.
- Repeat for a total of 10 breaths.